In our stressful world it is easy to become overwhelmed, which can lead to feelings of anxiousness, sadness, alienation, futility, loneliness, depression, etc. One of the ways I've found that can help to combat these issues is therapeutic bodywork, such as massage, craniosacral therapy, reiki, or acupuncture. Here are just a few ways bodywork can help:
1. Lowers the level of the stress hormone cortisol in the body.
2. Compassionate touch is a necessary component of human experience, and creates a sense of wellbeing and connection.
3. Relieves pain and tension in the body, which can hinder our ability to fully experience/enjoy our lives.
4. Helps to strengthen the mind/body connection. When we are over stressed we can often find ourselves feeling detached from our bodies or stuck "in our heads".
5. Facilitates a peaceful, meditative state of mind and promotes relaxation.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious or depressed know that you are not alone, and that there is a way out! If you have any questions about how bodywork can help in your specific situation feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-974-1600.